Hey you all. The last couple of days I was hesitating and wondering if I wanted to post an unboxing of this Fairylootbox. You may wonder why. Well, I didn’t really like this box and I’ve seen loads of discussions on other blogs that escalated quite rapidly when someone shared a negative opinion of a lootbox. So, I was a bit ambivalent about posting my negative opinion of this box, but since this is my blog and I bought this box with my own hard earned money I feel like I have a right to share my thoughts about it. I love Fairyloot and will no doubt order another box there, so, I’m not going to bash on the company or anything. I’m just going to reveal what was in this box and tell you why I didn’t like it. I know companies can’t please everybody every single time, but I think it’s important to give feedback be it positive or negative.
This time I don’t have a photo of the closed box because my box was picked out by customs and let’s just say that they didn’t handle the package gently. The box was really dirty and had multiple dents and scrapes on it. The contents were handled just as harshly and were thrown back in without much care, so, when I opened the box it was one big mess.
I bought this box because of the description. It was perfect for people who loved otherworlds in fantasy books and would appeal to fans of Peter Pan, Lord of the Rings, A Court of Thorns and Roses and Game of Thrones. It didn’t take me long to make up my mind to order this box as I love discovering new fantastical worlds in books. But, as I said above the box was a bit of a let down. Now, let me reveal what was in it.
- The first item in my box was a candle from Book and Nook. I received the Anais Witchsoul candle which is red with glitters and smells like cocoa, cardamom and fig. This was one of the items I absolutely loved. The candle is pretty and smells heavenly. I like the fact that Fairyloot includes a candle in every box as I love to read and write by candlelight.
- The second item I came across was a sleeping mask. I really don’t like this item. According to the description the mask is made of satin, but the fabric feels really weird and the seems are really sloppy and ugly. The quote (fictional worlds fuel my dreams) on it is really cool, but it isn’t legible due to how the front of the mask was sown. So, this was really not my thing.
- The third item I saw was a tiny box with a beautiful quote from George R.R. Martin on it. When I opened the box a tiny, silicone sword fell out. I had no idea what this was supposed to be, but the description says it’s a tea strainer. I’m a huge fan of tea, but I like the elegance of an afternoon tea and this strainer is neither elegant nor pretty to look at. It’s clunky, gray and black and I have no idea how you’re supposed to put your tea leaves in it and put it in the pot as it doesn’t have a chain or something. And if you would put it in the pot as is it will surely fall over, which means you would have to put your fingers in scorching hot water to pull it back out…
- The fourth item was a set of two magnetic bookmarks from LotR by Paperly and Co. I received Legolas and Thranduil and I love them!!! They are so cute. I’m definitely going to use this item ❤
- The fifth item was a thin Neverland notebook painted by TJ Lubrano. It’s a really pretty notebook and I love the quotes on and in it. As I’m a bit of a hoarder of notebooks I’m really happy with this item 🙂
- The sixth item was an artprint and for me a huge let down. The description says that this artprint was made by Melissa Nettleship and that it represents the Northern Lights. I don’t see the nothern lights in it and I’m wondering what this print has to do with the theme Otherworlds… If I’m being completely honest I think this artprint is kind of ugly and rather childish.
- The seventh item is a pendant necklace with a quote from A Court of Mist and Fury made by Oh Panda Eyes. This could have been such a nice item. I love the A Court of series and I love Rhys and Velaris, but the quote on this pendant is executed really poorly. Rhys’ name is spelled wrong (Rhy’s) and half of the quote didn’t seem to fit on the pendant, so, instead of a quote you have a pendant with random words on it. I’ve made quote and picture pendants myself and it is not that hard to make them, so, this seems like a rush job that was done piss-poorly. If I had owned a company I would have never accepted something like this.
There were some free samplers in this box that I did like. I’m really curious about Ed McDonald’s Blackwing and I love the fairy artcard 🙂
And, now, the book that inspired this box:
Wicked like a Wildfire by Lana Popovic! I’ve never heard about this author or this book, so, I’m really curious about it and excited to read the story. The description sounds amazing, so, hopefully I won’t be disappointed 😉 Here’s the description for you guys and girls:
All the women in Iris and Malina’s family have the unique magical ability or “gleam” to manipulate beauty. Iris sees flowers as fractals and turns her kaleidoscope visions into glasswork, while Malina interprets moods as music. But their mother has strict rules to keep their gifts a secret, even in their secluded sea-side town. Iris and Malina are not allowed to share their magic with anyone, and above all, they are forbidden from falling in love.
But when their mother is mysteriously attacked, the sisters will have to unearth the truth behind the quiet lives their mother has built for them. They will discover a wicked curse that haunts their family line—but will they find that the very magic that bonds them together is destined to tear them apart forever?